Andy Williamson | Co-Founder boozebud.com
On today’s show we talk with Andy Williamson, Co-Founder of boozebud.com, about disrupting the alcohol industry with a bespoke and proprietary technology solution.
What we discuss on today’s show
- The catalyst for leaving a high-paying and exciting investment banking career to be an entrepreneur.
- Creating a USP around a bespoke and proprietary technology solution and enhancing the entire customer experience (from inspiration and education to range and price).
- The effective use and significant investment in digital marketing (Facebook, Instagram and Google ad-words in particular).
- Why Instagram Stories should be interpreted by Snapchat as verification that they are doing things right.
- Stealing market share and staying one step ahead of the large, predatory competitors.
- When and why to raise capital.
- Amazon as a competitor.
- Lessons from Uber Eats, Uber Rush, Deliveroo et al.
- Jumping in, identifying and countering issues and finding sustainable solutions.
- How Macquarie Bank instills an owner’s mindset in its people.
- Why if you are an employee and have the desire to do something entrepreneurial, there is no downside from having a dig.