Dr. Dave Jenkins | humanitarian & functional medicine specialist
On today’s show, we talk to Dr. Dave Jenkins, founder of SurfAid, a multi-award winning, not for profit humanitarian organisation; who is also a functional medicine doctor, specialising in the science of longevity, performance and productivity.
What we discuss on today’s show
- What drove a man to give up a lucrative corporate medical career and invest all his wealth and near 20 years of his life for the benefit of some of the world’s poorest and most in need people.
- Dealing with the death and destruction of the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami, which killed more than 230,000 people.
- The challenge of dealing with understanding the organisation you founded and committed your life to, has grown to require people, expertise and governance, and for you to relinquish executive control.
- What is functional medicine.
- Understanding and mitigating the risk of cognitive disease, particularly Alzheimer’s.
- The path to uber health & longevity:
- The importance of self-awareness and the right attitude
- Getting the basics right with the new science of Quantum Biology
- What to measure and how to respond
- How to hack your health for uber health and longevity
- How to stay super sharp all your life and reverse memory loss
- The importance of the right coaching and support
- The link between inflammation and all disease and how to measure and reduce it.
- The importance of gut health.
- Understanding intermittent fasting, and why it is one of the most effective health “hacks”.
- Peak performance protocols for the busy executive.
- Vitamin D, sleep and a whole lot more science.
Valuable Links and References