JONAH BOLT | FOUNDER, HEMP AND HEAL
On today’s show, we talk to Jonah Bolt, Founder of Hemp and Heal, a pioneer in the global medicinal marijuana market. We are also joined by Professional Big Wave Surfer, Ignacio Salazar.
What we discuss on today’s show
- The difference between CBD Oil, Cannabis Oil and Hemp Oil.
- Understanding CBD Oil as a non-psychoactive medicine.
- Understanding THC as a psychoactive medicine.
- Dr Sanya Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent at CNN.
- The history of marijuana in the USA.
- Understanding medically legal, recreationally legal and federally illegal.
- Medical benefits of CBD Oil.
- Marijuana as a medicine.
- How CBD and THC act on different pathways but have similar medical benefits.
- The incongruity and conflict of the US Federal Government classifying Marijuana as a Schedule 1 Drug (along with Heroin, LSD, MDMA etc), while at the same time its Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved a request to trial a pharmaceutical version of CBD on children with a rare form of epilepsy (Epidiolex).
- GW Pharmaceuticals also makes another CBD drug (Sativex) for treating MS, with the drug now available in >24 countries.
- How CBD offers a natural protection against the intoxicating effects of THC, such as memory impairment and paranoia.
- The size of the US Marijuana industry.
- Reefer Madness.
- Weed Documentary Series.
Valuable Links and References
- Hemp and Heal website: https://hempandheal.com
(use promo code: australiacbd for 10% discount)
- Hemp and Heal Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hempandheal/
- Dr Sanja Gupta: http://edition.cnn.com/profiles/sanjay-gupta-profile
- Weed Documentary: http://bit.ly/cnnweed
- Epidiolex: http://bit.ly/Epidiolex
- Sativex: http://bit.ly/GWP_Sativex