Katherine & Peter McConnell | Fintech & eCommerce Entrepreneurs
On today’s show we talk with Katherine and Pete McConnell, a dynamic couple, who have individually and independently left powerful corporate roles to found separate tech start-ups.
What we discuss on today’s show
- Loving life as the most important factor in making business decisions.
- Why there is no reason you can’t do incredibly well in multiple careers in your lifetime.
- Understand commtract.com, the uber for communication professionals.
- Understand brighte.com.au, a home energy and home improvement financer.
- Understanding technology is nothing more than an enabler of the automation of existing business practices.
- Why the tech industry is collaborative when it comes to IP.
- Boot strapping or raising capital to fund your start-up.
- Why there may well be more security in being an entrepreneur than working for a corporate in this era.
- The importance of NOT having a Plan B.
- Why intimately understanding an industry through real life experience, is often paramount if you want to disrupt it?