Nev Hyman | pioneering surf industry entrepreneur
On today’s show we talk to Nev Hyman, pioneering surf industry entrepreneur and chairman and founder of Nevhouse.
What we discuss on today’s show
- A fascinating history of the global surf industry and its colourful characters, from the early 60’s to modern day.
- How a shy red headed kid from a housing commission community in suburban Perth, came to build one of the largest and most revolutionary and environmentally friendly surfboard companies on the planet (and sell it to Kelly Slater).
- Designing surf boards and dealing with the likes of Kelly Slater, the late Andy Irons, Taj Burrow, the late MP et al.
- Negotiating a lifelong royalty income with a Japanese apparel company.
- An insight into the heart and mind of a man who is a self-confessed dreamer and artist, and how he has managed to grow into the most resilient entrepreneur.
- If you love a story, surfing and the pure entrepreneurial spirit, you will love this first episode of a 2-part series.